Sure! I’m 21, a mother of two beautiful little divas and I’m goofy
2. Where are you from?
I’m a Brick City girl! (Newark, New for those who don’t know)
3. When did you first consider yourself a writer?
I think it was the first time I actually wrote a picture prompt as a school assignment and my teacher told me I should write more. Every since then I’ve called myself a writer.
4. How did you come up with the title Lighter to my Cigarette?
Before finalizing the title, I had a slew of different ones. I ended up coming up with the title “Lighter to My Cigarette” listening to Ashanti’s song “Baby.” And that one line kinda reminded me of my main character, Kai.
5. What inspired you to write your first book?
At the time when I first started writing “Lighter to My Cigarette”, it was based off these crazy dreams me and my best friend used to have and write down and as I got older, some of the events in the story actually happened to me.
6. When writing this story how did you come up with the concepts of the story?
Life experiences I guess you could say.
7. Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp
In “Lighter to My Cigarette” the message is to never underestimate someone and to definitely be cautious and get their health checked.
8. What books have most influenced your life most?
To be honest, I can’t really think of any off the bat but I’ve read a lot of books that hit close to home.
9. If you had to choose, which writer would you consider a mentor?
It’d be either Takerra Allen or K’wan. Back in ’09 when I first started writing, if I had ANY questions, I could hit up Takerra and she’d be more than willing to answer them for me and I admire her for that.
10. Are there any new authors that have grasped your interest?
DamaCargle, Aleta Williams, Shan, Fabiola Joseph, Boo Jackson, Vanna B. the list could go on for DAYSSSSSS.
11. What are your current projects?
“V: Prequel to Heiress”, the Heiress follow-up; “Heiress: The Blood Campaign”, Mink Syndication, Motives: Everybody’s Got One and those are just to name a few.
12. Do you see writing as a career?
Most definitely! I love being a writer.
13. What do you like to do when you are not writing?
You can most likely catch me eating something lol I love to eat! Or I’d probably be listening to my music or reading.
14. Who is your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work?
I’d normally say Al-Saadiq Banks because his writing always hits so close to home but most recently, it’s been DamaCargle. Dama’s stories normally take you on a roller coaster ride from beginning to end and there are so many twists and turns, I’m still figuring some of them out.
15. Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?
To my readers I just want to say THANK YOU ALL FOR PURCHASING MY WORK! Not everybody is willing to give a new author a chance but the feedback I’ve gotten so far is amazing. This is only the beginning and I promise to give you stories you’ll fall in love with.