I am a 33 years young with a passion for reading, writing, singing and creating. I am a native of Washington D.C. and a proud mother of one amazing son.
2. When did you first consider yourself a writer?
I considered myself a writer/ authoress the day I signed with G Street Chronicles.
3. What inspired you to write your first book?
The need to switch and shake things up in the literary world is what inspired me to write.
4. What books have influenced your life most?
Little Black Girl Lost by Donald Goines.
5. If you had to choose, which writer would you consider a mentor?
George Sherman Hudson and Shari Barnes
6. What book are you reading now?
I am writing so I no longer read while I am penning my own work.
7. What do you like to do when you’re not writing?
I like to read and spend time with my son when I am not writing.
8. Where do you get your ideas for your books?
My ideas are running through my head. Sometimes I find them in episodes of Snapped. Yeah Crazy I know! :)
9. What new author has grasped your interest?
Gabrielle Dotson. Her Trap Secrets series was surprisingly good. Also Tammy Capri caught my eye. She is a twisted sister and I like it! I like how wild her stories are.
10. If you couldn't be an author, what would your ideal career be?
Being an author is all I have ever dreamed of. If I could not have done it then I would be lost!
11. What was your favorite chapter to write and why?
The first chapter is always my favorite. It is do or die with the first chapter! If you do not pull the reader in with the first chapter you have failed. I feel like it is my own personal challenge.
12. Why do you feel you had to tell this story?
I felt the need to tell my stories because I was tired of reading the same story line recycled over and over again. I wanted to bring something new to the table.
13. Can you tell us about your upcoming book?
I have three books releasing soon in addition to the three I have released in the last 4 months. Cold Case Love on 1/15/13 which is a twisted love story in only the way I could tell it. Gritty, fast paced and mind blowing, (TBA) Dirty DNA II: Til Death Do Us Part and (TBA) Powder: A Deadly Addiction
14. How do you market your book(s)?
I promote my work wherever I go. I am always on the move so I am in the streets handing out flyers. I have done several book signings and of course social networking!
15. Do you have any advice for aspiring authors?
Make sure this is what you want! Don't sell the readers short by half-stepping! Either come with it or don't come to the table at all! Lastly, have thick skin because if you don't this industry will eat you alive, chew you up and spit you out!